01 May 2011

Laughter is Good for the Soul

Last night my friend Christina had a bunch of us over to her house for a potluck style gathering. There was lots of delicious food and fun times hanging out with everyone. And let me tell you I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did last night in quite some time. I made it all the way to the stage of my laughing where I don't make any noise anymore/hyperventilating with tears streaming down my face (characteristic of a typical day during high school... my silent tearful laugh was famous back then). I'm glad to know that I have friends who share my same humor. I'd say my guy friends are pretty fantastic. Just another instance where I am reassured that I am in exactly the right place.

Also, I had my meeting about planning out my last three clinical affiliations. And it looks like next summer I will be at the hospital in Anderson, SC (I know I know...) for my acute affil for 6 weeks. But my professor couldn't speak more highly of it. She kept saying that she loves the staff and it's one of her favorite sites. She has been wanting someone to go to it for a few years now. I then told her I was having trouble deciding between sports or pediatrics for my last elective affil...And she replied with, "Well have I got the perfect solution for you!" Music to my ears. Instead of picking one of the basic rehab sites for my 3rd affil, I could do a 16 week combo affil for my 3rd and 4th. It would be at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (way legit!!) where I would do 8 weeks of inpatient pediatric rehab and then 8 weeks of outpatient pediatrics at their sports performance clinic. I don't think it could get more perfect than that. And I'll be able to stay in the same place all fall. Needless to say that was a great day!

No comments: