07 June 2010

Porch Sittin

So I finally decided to make good use of the porch outside my room and the swing that's on it. It is definitely one of my favorite things about my room (in addition to my bathroom haha). I feel like I am embracing the epitome of a lovely peaceful summer evening as I sit here and drink my cup of hot tea. I hate that my summer days are dwindling down to nothing, and I get anxious now as I look at my countdown to PT school on my dashboard. What the eff am I doing? It's too real now. I miss all my roommates like crazy. I think it's starting to hit me that I'm starting over and nothing is going to be the same anymore. I don't know if I like that yet. I know there are others whose situation is a little more extreme than mine (i.e. Kelly Russell), but still this is going to be harder than I thought. Or maybe I just really hadn't thought about it... gosh. I hope things all work out. My mind has been goin crazy about several things these past few days, which is probably a sign that I need to put this all in God's hands. He's got his reasons for things working out the way they have so far. Trust is hard sometimes. Well I'm going to get back to my porch sittin now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

just because your change is not an extreme geographical one, does not mean that your situation is any less frightening than my own. You are 100% entitled to feelings of worry and uncertainty (even though these are not feelings that I want you to have)!

As your former roommate and forever friend, you must know how proud of you I am! I can't begin to fathom the things you are about to learn and do. Honestly, I think God purposefully kept your geographical change a little less extreme to keep you sane so you wouldn't have to deal with those stresses so much! You are about to take your passion for caring for others and all the great knowledge you learned at Clemson to make a difference in peoples' lives and for that reason you will be awesome!

Change is always scary, but you are ready for it. I know you are. Whether I've told you before or not I credit you to so many people as to helping motivate me throughout my years and Clemson/to take the plunge into applying to grad school (and actually taking the leap to go out to Seattle!). So thank you for that motivation friend!

On a lighter note, we had taco night at my house tonight and it just was not the same! Especially because there was no Corona with lime! :(

Love you KB!