I felt that I would never start class. But I have just finished my first week which has been great. It's alot different from Clemson for sure. The classes are a lot smaller, and the teachers are very interested in getting to know each and everyone of their students. But we have each class once a week for lecture, and then we meet with a group from our class with about 10-12 students for a tutorial once a week. The tutorials are nice because I feel like I will actually get to know people in my class pretty well.
So this semester I am taking Public Speaking, because I have been putting it off at Clemson. (and it's required for my major). But I am actually really excited about taking it. The teacher is really energetic and makes the class fun. It's not scary at all. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Apparently Bond is well known for their public speaking program and it has received alot of awards and recognition internationally....good choice right.
I am also taking Families, Groups, and Communities in the Health Science department. The class (lecture part) only has 7 people in it!! Crazy!! I didn't even have a class in high school THAT small. But it should be ok. I'm not too excited about it. It seems kind of boring.
Next I am taking Australian Popular Culture. It's a fairly large class. But I am excited to learn all about Australia and the people and the way they do things. I think it will be interesting. Except each week after our 1 hour lecture we have to watch a movie...I hope I can stay awake!
And last but not least, I am taking Australian Sport in the Modern Era. This is going to be my favorite class. There are about 25 of us in the class, and it's organized as more of a discussion class than a lecture. The teacher is really enthusiastic about teaching us all about what Australia has to offer as far as sports and even with anything else we are curious about. During the semester he says he wants to take us on a field trip to a sporting event!! I'm really excited about that. And he also wants us all to go to a pub together and have a beer and watch a game sometime. How fun is that!
Starting class has been good for me. So we'll see how the rest of the semester goes. Oh and I only have class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Ahhh 4 day weekends....AGAIN!!!! so excellent!!!!
2 comments:
You're so cute, KB.
In Australian Sport in the Modern Era, will you have to demonstrate that you can play all of them for the final?
Can you play the didgeridoo yet?
I'm glad classes are turning out okay. Maybe you'll come back super athletic from your sports class.
you should teach them ultimate frisbee.
Post a Comment