01 September 2008

I have arrived down under!

After many hours of traveling...about 24 to be exact I have made it here. It was long and tiring. And jet lag has caught up to me. ugh. Not fun. The 14 hour flight from LA to Brisbane wasn't too terrible. I had dinner and breakfast on the flight. I slept for 8 hours, and then I watched 2 movies...Get Smart and Sex and the City. Both excellent :)

Going through customs was a breeze. No problems. I found my luggage quickly. I then waited for my shuttle to my apartment for about 45 minutes. And it took awhile to drop off all the Chinese tourists at their hotels before we finally reached my apartment! But when we did, man was I ever glad. All I wanted was a shower! Ah!

I then settled into my apartment which is really nice and pretty big. I had to wait for another 4 hours or so for missy to arrive. So I managed to unpack all my stuff and move in. It's fun! But I had no food. So last night some girls and missy and I walked to a little mexican restaurant and had dinner. We then stopped by a little grocery store to pick up the essentials and made a quick stop at the liquor store for some celebratory sparkling wine.

Well today we are off to register and get our school id's and then off to Target to pick up things for the apartment. I'll put up some pictures once we get all settled. Cheers mates!

No comments: