29 April 2008
Land of the Tsars
I have always and will always find the country of Russia extremely fascinating. Ever since I learned about Anastasia in school I have continued to read up on all the history of the tsars and their families. I know what a weirdo right...But I loved learning about how lavishly they lived despite the poverty the rest of the country was living in. From Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Catherine the Great, to finally Tsar Nicholas, each with such a unique and interesting life. It was a shame that my school never had a decent history teacher. I always had to learn about them on my own time. Which even included the history channel...yes I watched the history channel. It has always been a dream of mine to visit Russia one day. I was so jealous when my mom got to go a while back. But one day I will go don't you worry. Jimmy and I have been learning the Russian language in our spare time, which I had a little bit of this evening. We're going to be good. I know I won't be fluent duh, but I will be able to get around a bit. That's my goal. We'll see if that happens, but what else do I have to do this summer....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the History channel.
And good luck getting a visa to go to Russia... I hear it's difficult.
"but what else do I have to do this summer...."
Hang out with me on the island? At least that will take up one week.
I knew you and Meghan were meant to be bff.
I love the History Channel! Let's somehow get our parents to leave a 24 hour webcam on a t.v. tuned to History Channel over in A-land.
Post a Comment