Tonight was a night of delightful pondering inspired by my roommate. And it got me thinking about all those major decisions in my life that I have made but.... what would it have been like if I had chosen my other option?? Or should I phrase it as what would it have been like if I hadn't followed God's plan and chosen what I thought would have been best? Well I am pretty darn certain that my life would be no where near as incredible as it is right now. And of that I am sure.
I mean what if my dad had taken that job in Sheboygan, Wisconsin when I was in fourth grade? I highly doubt that I would be at Clemson right now. And what if I had decided to go to Valpo instead of Clemson...I bet I would be freezing. And I would probably not have as great of friends as I do now. What if I hadn't signed up to be in an FCA small group my freshman year and made friends with that blonde girl wearing a Lawrence, KS shirt!! And oh yea there was also that girl in our group who missed the first meeting for a frisbee game....man she is soooo athletic. Handycamp. Where do I even begin? I am so very thankful that God did not let my parents listen to me that first summer of Handycamp back in....2003!!! wow. If my parents had let me stay home when I insisted, ever so adamantly (to put it in a nice way), that there was absolutely and positively no way that I was going there for a whole week. Man I don't even want to know what my life would have been like without it! So impossible a thought today. And good thing Missy and I decided this past summer that we were tired of Shiloh, and it work better to go later in the summer like...July. I would never have been able to meet some pretty great people, and a certain one in particular (a super great one)!
And it makes me realize how glad I am that I am not in control because I doubt I would have picked half of these things if it had been up to me. But God sure does know what he is doing. It is also very interesting to watch how God will answer my prayers within each and every one of the situations above. They are not always as timely as I would want them to be, but God obviously already has it all figured out. I would never want any of these things to have turned out any differently.
2 comments:
Hands down, best entry you've ever written. So proud.
I love you!
I think you would've been better off in Sheboygan... I mean, who wouldn't/couldn't have a good time in a town called Sheboygan.
Post a Comment