26 April 2008

Bittersweet

Usually I like things that are bittersweet, such as dark chocolate. But today I was thinking about how it is going to be bittersweet to leave this place in a week. And I'm not liking the thought of it. I've realized that as much as I am ready to be done with school, I don't want to go back home this soon. Obviously school is not keeping me here, it would have to be this apartment. Ok well not the actual "place" because it's a bit grody at times. But the roommates...awww. I really like them.

At home I just don't like my friends as much as I thought I did. The ones I have here are much better. We've seemed to grow apart and become quite different I've discovered this week. I mean I have some pretty great people at home to hang out with...it's just not the same. And on top of everything I won't be back here until January! This week I have started to think about how long I'm actually going to be gone. It started to sink in...3 1/2 months is a long time to be so far away from everyone that I care so much about. At least I have Missy with me! But modern technology will keep me connected to everyone...thank goodness.

I wish our country wasn't so big. If I could, I would move some of these unnecessary states out of the way. Wouldn't that be nice...and much more convenient.

I want to bake some dark chocolate brownies with coconut and almonds....

and kelly here is my prom entry for you...."omg prom!!!!!!!!!!!" (not as extensive as our xangas were but this is just as good)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

don't leave me for months and months!

Lauren said...

i'm going to miss you too, roommate. i like how you used the word "grody". pretty accurate, i'd say...

Corey said...

I like your new page digs by the way.