29 December 2010

Well December Flew By

Technically it's already the 29th of December, and so many things have happened in the past 4 weeks that I can barely believe it was all real.

As December began the stresses of all my finals and practicals set in. I mapped out a calendar to finish out all my studying and make sure I could balance it all and not forget about anything. But on the evening of December 4th that all came to a halt as I was told that my cousin Alli (with CF) was dying. Around 2pm the next day she passed away at just 20 years old. It came so suddenly I couldn't believe it was real. I have never had anyone I was close to or family pass away. The only way I can describe it is surreal. So this was a new experience for me and to top it off right at the start of finals. My study schedule was tossed out the window (or literally into the trash can in my room) and I had lost my motivation/focus. But thanks to those of you who came over and kept me company, listened to me on the phone, and were there for me I kept on going to finish out the semester strong. I took a brief 4 day jaunt to STL for Alli's services with the family then came back to Delaware to take all my finals so I could go home for winter break. Those were probably the toughest, most stressful 10 days of my life. But luckily I ended up with all A's and B's despite it all, (even in the dreaded Biomechanics that I was almost certain I had a C in).
Allison Claire Densford ♥ 7/9/1990 - 12/5/2010
I got on a plane on the 16th to fly home to SC for 2 weeks for winter break. A much needed break. Upon arriving in SC I headed straight to good ol' ILC for our annual PEP Christmas dance that Adam and Donald have taken over organizing for me. So fun. Those people bring such joy to my heart. Makes me miss being able to go to Handycamp during the summers since I'm now stuck in PT school full time. After that life slowed down a little bit... I've spent so much time with Piper. We do everything together. My mom thinks Piper is going to have a really hard time when I have to go back to Delaware on Thursday. My Opa came up here for a few days for Christmas, which is always so nice to spend time with him. And other than that I've just been spending time with my family, watching movies, shopping, and cooking. It was even warm enough one day (70 degrees!) to go to the beach, so we took Piper to run and play.
Piper during her Christmas photo shoot
 And now I head back to the snow-ridden north for 6 1/2 months straight of classes... well except for a spring break. Hope I'm ready. But I can't wait for our 108G reunion in Middletown on Thursday! And then New Year's Eve with my Delaware girls!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you just left my house. please come back!!