26 September 2010

Family Time

Last weekend, Piper, Mom, and Dad came to visit me for a few days. It was a lovely time. Much of it was spent walking Piper all over the town of Newark. Man does she have loads of energy! We enjoyed family dinners, afternoons in the park, and lots of good bonding time together. Oh and we also went to the orchards again! Every time someone has visited me here I've taken them there. Guess I'll have to keep it from now on! I think we picked 4 bags of apples... dang I know but Mom and Gma have lots of applesauce to make! I'm glad they came to visit even if I was just home in SC. It was fun to let them experience my new home. But I feel like they miss me more now than the 4 years I was at Clemson!
afternoon at the park 

me and mom at lunch

isn't she beautiful
Now the next 3 weeks are going to be loaded down with lots of exams and practicals. Oh joy. But I'll just have to keep myself on track with all that studying I need to do! But let me tell you I have started to notice the first hints of fall here and man am I getting excited!!! Can't wait for all the leaves to change and later I can break out my peacoats and boots! And I'm going to try to keep cooking this week, sometimes I get lazy when I have a lot of school work. But I don't want to eat spaghetti all week! Someone's going to have to keep me accountable here.

This week I get to start working with a couple of the kids at the peds clinic! I am so excited to start this. It's exactly what I've wanted to do for years and now I get to! Hopefully this will let me know for sure if peds is an area I'd want to work in or not. I mean I'm still keeping my options wide open at this point. Peds... sports.... acute... who knows haha. I'm just glad to know that I'm in the right profession for me. Last week in class we learned all these special tests, strength tests, and measurements for the elbow. It was great. And now on each week we'll focus on a different joint and learn all the tests for it... so that means a practical each week... guess I'll have to sacrifice for the learning. And just a couple more weeks til we get to massage. That's going to be fantastic! I've been waiting for that one!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

haha is the picture with you and your mom on the day that she was mad at you for wearing a tshirt and shorts?

piper is so very cute!!

Kristin said...

haha yep. my 8am day.