10 November 2010

Fall is Finally Here

As pointed out by certain people it has been a terribly long time since my last entry. Sincerest apologies. I'm going to blame PT school on this one. Although it's a lame excuse cause I've had free time these past few weeks.

The fall season has arrived thank goodness. But it has brought with it some unexpectedness which goes to show that you truly can never know what is in store for you. Despite that I do enjoy taking the extra time though to notice the normalcy of the leaves changing, the crisp coolness of the wind as I walk to class, and of course the Uggs and peacoats being brought out of the back of the closet ha! (and yes I'm one of those now). To my defense though, I have poor circulation/cold hypersensitivity issues which has been reconfirmed since being in PT school, so these items are necessary to wear up here.
Most of our class at our Halloween Party in McKinly
The month of October flew by, apparently considering my lack of posts. Lots of schoolwork in the beginning, but ending with Halloween. Crazy times. 3 different costumes... ridiculous I know. And then this past weekend was Homecoming. No where near being as awesome as Clemson. It made me miss it so much. UD students understand the tailgating but that's about it. I don't think I'll ever go back to a UD football game. So extremely lame. But some noteworthy news out of the month of October... I was given my first choice for my first clinical affiliation next summer, which means I will be going back to HHI for 6 weeks in the 2nd half of July and August for my ortho affil. I'm definitely excited about that, but trying not to think about how scary/difficult it's going to be treating real patients for the first time in a busy outpatient clinic ah!
Me and the Dans at Homecoming
The month of November has plenty of exciting things in store for me I believe. This weekend I am going to visit Lauren in D.C. I can't wait to see that rooms of mine. It will be fantastic. I miss you three so much. Then the next weekend we have PT Thanksgiving dinner with all the first years and second years together... guess I'll be baking a pie!! And the day after we have our UDPT Fall Bar Crawl.... oh yes haha. Good times. And the next week... Thanksgiving in Middletown with the Russells!! Can November get any better than this?! I think not.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

what I find the strangest if that your post is about how fall has finally arrived in delaware and my recent post talks about the end of fall as we are entering the cold dark rainy winter.

and you did yet inform me of this clinical news! we will speak more on this later :)

Kristin said...

well funny thing is that we still have 6 weeks til winter... so it is def still ok to talk about fall!