26 November 2008

Turkey Day in Oz

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home without family. But I did get to share it with Missy and Eric...practically family. I made my apple pie the night before. And then Missy and I prepared the rest of the meal. We were able to find a frozen turkey breast at the grocery store. Turkey is very rare in Australia. Usually the only time of year you will be able to find it is during Christmas. We also had garlic green beans, bread, and gravy and cranberry sauce to top off the turkey. And finally we had baked potatoes, but I had a sweet potato which was quite scrumptious.

Surprisingly we had no trouble making all this food in our tiny little kitchen. We borrowed an electric roaster cooker from Carmel for the turkey. We made the potatoes in our toaster oven. Green beans on the stove. No trouble at all. To top our meal off Eric made his mom's Sangria which was delicious. All in all it was a lovely Thanksgiving. I do miss being home with my mom and grandma right now cooking for the whole family. But at least I will be there for Christmas.


18 days til I'm home...very crazy. I still can't believe it.

3 comments:

Angela&Corey said...

fabulous!!! I miss you friend! I'm so glad you had a good thanksgiving! I can't wait til your birthday!

Kelly said...

Looks good KB!

eric said...

ah! the wine with no cork in it!