02 December 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas?!

Really Australia? It just doesn't make sense to me when I hear the Christmas songs being played in the stores here that sing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" or "let it snow" or "walking in a winter wonderland." Must we get everything from the states? I mean your Christmas is in the Southern Hemisphere where it is summer. You have barbecues on Christmas instead of hot chocolate and such. Sometimes Australian culture just confuses me. They try to prove themselves to the world that they are unique, but are they really? The other night Missy and I were watching t.v. and it was a bit ridiculous because every single show was....American! ("How to look good naked," "Army wives," "Bones," and "Scrubs") I think they need to try harder.

On another note, Missy and I had a lovely lazy day yesterday at Pac Fair doing some of our Christmas shopping in the 30 degree Celsius heat! We treated ourselves to TimTam shakes from Gloria Jean's. I then had a kebab for lunch with some sweet chili sauce....mmmm.

Also I'm very excited about the possibility of going to the Gator Bowl to see Clemson play Nebraska on New Years Day!

No comments: