06 March 2008

Ankle Biters (aka small children)

So today Jenny, Kelly, and I googled Australian slang. And wow it was pretty interesting. I thought it would be easy to go to Australia because....I mean they speak english right? wrong! It's pretty different I've discovered. And pretty humorous too (i.e. my title "ankle biters")

here are a few of my favorites so far...

"pub" is a hotel
"ant's pants" is to think too highly of yourself
"biscuit" is a cookie
"brass" is money
"cheerio" is goodbye
"fairy floss" is cotton candy
"oldies" are parents
"sloppy joe" is a cottony fleece-lined sweater
"tea" is the evening meal/dinner
"blower" is the telephone
"dinky-di" is the real thing

2 comments:

Corey said...

I think it would be wise to ONLY use these when speaking in Austrailia.

Kelly said...

Kristin,

I'm sorry I don't comment on this more. I love you and your thoughts!