In a conversation yesterday with a dear friend we were talking about how things in our life seem out of reach and the phrase "one day we'll get there" or "one day we'll know_______" kept popping up. But for now we're stuck not knowing, and that's just the way it has to be. We're always waiting on the next thing to happen in our lives or the next turn of events. It probably feels like this since we're still in school; life isn't very settled yet. We keep living in these short bursts, until we are uprooted again and on to something new. So yes one day we'll get there....
Which made me think today of how more recently I'm trying to truly enjoy the people, places, and experiences that surround me at the moment. I'm working on not letting worrying about things I have no control over or shouldn't be thinking about yet get in the way of living my life right now. It's just not worth it. (I mean I don't want wrinkles or grey hair anytime soon...)
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes.... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25,34
There is no point. He's got it all under control. Got to keep everything in perspective.
And completely off topic... But in case you haven't seen this yet I thought I'd share it. It makes me smile everytime. It is just sooooo cute and I can't stop watching it!
1 comment:
Thanks for this dear KB!
Post a Comment