04 February 2010

Good Morning Glory, How Do You Dew Drop

Each morning that I have to wake up at the crack of dawn, the more I dread and despise it. Is this seriously what is in store for me for the next 40ish years?! I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've always been a "night owl" according to my mom. And mornings just aren't my thing. While I absolutely am in love with the career that I am pursuing, I wonder how I am going to be able to get up early every single day from now on. Only having Saturday to sleep in?! Not good sir. Not good.

During my 45 minute commute there and back to the clinic I realized just how much I enjoyed my schedule during the summers. Go into work at 4pm each day and working til 11ish. So perfect for me! I got to enjoy staying up late and sleeping in... bliss. Wish I had that this semester.

Last day at work this summer

This past weekend Kelly came home with me to run a 5k for Haiti. I was a little hesitant about it, because while I consider myself to be in good shape... I have never been a "runner." During the race, there was lots of rain, rough terrain, and extremely high tides. So it wasn't exactly the best conditions. We ended up not being able to do the entire 5k because there was no more beach to run on, so we probably ran about a 3.5K. And thank goodness because I realized that running is still not my thing!

After the race

1 comment:

Kelly said...

i'm glad your brothers were smart enough to not run in the shirts...we look drenched compared to them haha.