
I don't know if all of you know, but I have joined the cheerleading squad here at Bond. It has been a blast. I've missed cheering. It has been great getting to know a bunch of Aussie girls too. We like to learn new words from each other each week. We found that Aussies pronounce aluminum, "alumininium." It sounds pretty funny. They also cringe at the word "trash" where they instead say "rubbish." And most entertaining of all is when they try to do an American accent! But we sound equally as funny to them I know.
Also an interesting fact...I asked them what our school mascot was because I hadn't seen anything. They told me we don't really have one, but that it used to be the "beer cans." The beer cans?!?! I know...only in Australia right?! Crazy! And I found out this week that one of the Australian girls on my squad's boyfriend and his best friend are studying abroad this semester at.....CLEMSON! What a small world. Apparently they have become good friends with Jacoby Ford too.
This coming Thursday night is our first rugby game versus Griffith Uni. We have been working on this routine for quite a while now. It's almost 3 minutes long full with dancing and stunting (pretty exhausting). I love it!
And Cathy and Greg will be here on Friday! I meet them in Sydney where we will spend the weekend and then they will be back up here at the Gold Coast with me for the week. I can't wait!
1 comment:
I'm glad you're enjoying cheerleading... it sounds like it has been a great opportunity for you to meet new people!
Post a Comment