25 August 2008

Just a Few More Days

It is hard to believe that it is already time for me to go to Australia. I can't believe how fast this summer flew by. This has been the fastest 4 months of my life. Literally. But am I ready for Australia? I hope so. I don't know. It makes me nervous. What am I going to do on a plane for 14 hours by myself? Any ideas? And when I get there I get to be with my best friend Missy for a whole semester. I cannot wait! How great is that going to be!

But really...only 6 days...well technically 5 now since it's "monday" now. Oh my goodness.

I hope I can make friends. I hope that I won't get lost. I hope I won't miss home and all my friends and family too much. I hope that I will make it for 3 1/2 months in a foreign country. Yes I know it's just Australia...but it's still Australia (14 hours ahead of the U.S.)! So far away! But as I'm reading this I realize I've just talked about how fast the summer went which was 4 months and if I will be gone for 3 1/2 they are probably going to go by just as fast. I will wish I could be there longer. Or wonder where the heck all that time went needing more time to travel and see places.

While I am in Australia, I PROMISE I PROMISE I PROMISE, to update my blog with many of my Australian travel adventures and experiences for everyone who reads this.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you will make lots of friends! hopefully people from other countries who will enable you to expand your scope.

can't wait to hear about all your adventures. you better stay true to that promise kb!